Digital Creation Station
Leaders in workforce development told us that employees need digital skills. So the Hancock County Library System is offering these FREE learning opportunities:
- Create and edit video, audio, graphics, animations and other digital objects with the full Adobe Creative Cloud. Available by reservation at the Bay St. Louis-Hancock County Library: stop by the Information Desk or call 228-467-5282.
- Convert old VHS tapes to DVD for free; bring your own blank discs.
- Learn to design 3D objects on any computer. Sign in to TinkerCAD (a free online tool) from any computer, or download Autodesk 123d for free.
- Or download a ready-made design at Thingiverse.
- Print those 3D designs on the Ultimaker 2, by appointment: stop by the Information Desk or call 228-467-5282.
o Prints under 15 grams are free during the grant period. Larger prints are $1 per 15 grams. So, for example, a custom keychain would be free but a pencil cup might be $2. The 3D printer software will provide an estimate of time and weight before you start.
- Learn with Lynda.com, with over 4,470 video courses. Topics include:
o Business, management, and marketing
o Popular software including Office & Quickbooks
o Digital design, Photoshop, GIMP, CAD, InDesign
o Programming, app design, and IT skills
o Photography, video production & editing
o Web design, user experience
Sign in to Lynda with your library card from any computer, or on your mobile device’s web browser. Be sure to use this link; going straight to Lynda.com will take you to the paid site.
- Get one-on-one help from the Digital Media Tutor, by appointment at the Bay St. Louis-Hancock County Library: stop by the Customer Service Desk or call 228-467-5282.
- Demonstrations available for groups, at the library or your location: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Made possible in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum & Library Services, administered by the Mississippi Library Commission, and by a donation from the Leo Seal Family Foundation.