October 10, 2015 from 9 AM – 4 PM
Bay St. Louis-Hancock County Library
Help us make history more accessible to everyone! Drop by and try any of these 4 activities:
- Identify people, places, and events in historical photos from the Scafidi Collection. Photos are on display in the library, and on Facebook. Tag anyone you recognize! In partnership with the Hancock County Historical Society
- Get to know pen pals of the 1940s, 50s and 60s by transcribing the messages on historic postcards onto this form. We’re digitizing these postcards and posting them in the Mississippi Digital Library so everyone can enjoy.
- Bring a family photo or document and see a demo of our fast new scanner. Maybe it’s time to preserve your past, safe from storms and other hazards.
- Be a citizen scientist or archivist, and make amazing discoveries with these online projects. You can do a lot of things computers can’t!
- Zooniverse: Contribute to real research by studying images, historical records, or diaries. Multiple projects.
- Old Weather: Help develop climate projections by transcribing weather observations from ships’ logs.
- National Archives: Tag, transcribe, add subtitles to videos, or upload your own
- Smithsonian Transcription: Unlock the past by transcribing historical letters and documents.
- Distributed Proofreaders: Ease the conversion of Public Domain books into eBooks by proofreading scanned texts.